Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Green Zone

I've got several DVD players, but the one I normally use is a DVD changer. I holds five DVDs, and it remembers where you were if you pause and change to another DVD.

I have been trying to watch Matt Damon in The Green Zone for several days now. I watch a little, then the excitement, drama, and negative energy reach such an intense level that I just can't take any more. So I then change to another DVD like Bones, James Bond, True Blood, or Boston Legal.

The Green Zone is a very realistic portrayal of what Iraq was like right after the fall of Sadam Hussein. Matt Damon is one of my absolute favorite actors. He does a superb job in this movie.

The problem is that the movie is too doggone realistic. I just can't bear to watch all the evil. So I'm removing this DVD from my DVD changer, even though I have not yet finished the movie.
-
Knowing when and having the strength of character to walk away from a movie, a book, or a situation is one of the skills that you perfect over time.

-
-
-
-
-