Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lightweight Handguns for Concealed Carry

I have a Taurus .38 special + p, titanium alloy, 5 shot revolver with a Crimson Trace laser grip installed. Loaded weight is a very reasonable 487 grams.

My 2 shot .38 special derringer weighs in at 416 grams loaded.

My new six shot .380 Ruger LCP semiautomatic pistol with a Crimson Trace laser mounted on it, and 5 shots loaded in the magazine, comes in at an incredible 338 grams. This is the pistol that Texas Governor Perry used to sadly kill a coyote which was threatening his dog while he was out in the wilds getting some exercise early in the morning.
-
My doggie and I were out in the desert and we were stalked by three coyotes. I was armed at the time, but fortunately I was able to scare the coyotes away without having to kill one of them.

When you are carrying a gun concealed in a holster behind your waistband or in your pocket, 150 grams (5.3 ounces) is a very noticeable weight difference.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-