Thursday, May 27, 2010

Guns and Ammo

I was visiting with a friend of mine today out in the West Texas desert. He told me that has been thinking about getting a .22 rifle because stray dogs kept wandering onto his property and taking a dump. I tried not to show it too much, but I was really horrified. So was my little doggie who was walking around sniffing and peeing and doing all that other essential dog stuff.

I told him that if I were in a store or the bank and someone came in and robbed it I would be concerned. I don't believe in stealing money, but these corporations have insurance to cover these things and I sure didn't see much value in risking my life to save some rich company a few thousand dollars or maybe even far less.

But if the robber threatened any innocent human being (including myself) he had crossed the line. I always carry a concealed, loaded handgun to protect myself just in case this sort of thing should ever take place. I would not hesitate even one millisecond to do what needed to be done to protect other people or myself.

So I am a proud liberal/progressive environmentalist who also believes in the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Lets says that a bit differently: I am an honorably discharged veteran and I am fairly patriotic. Of course I respect and believe in the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Duh! This is a picture I just took comparing some of the various sizes of pistol ammunition I have at the moment.

-
-
-
-
-
-