Friday, December 25, 2009

Swedish Arrogance

I spent almost half of my adulthood living abroad. During these years I got to know many people from other cultures and countries: Holland, Germany, France, Belgium, Morocco, Tunisia, Afghanistan, Kurdish Iraq, Senegal, Finland, and many others.

There were a few bad apples, but in the vast majority of cases these people were all hard working, decent, and honest. One exception was the people from Sweden. For some reason this culture is well known by their fellow Scandinavians as being arrogant. I most certainly agree.

I got to know many Swedes, and almost without exception they were revoltingly dishonest and arrogant.

I see in the news today that one of the nazi groups in Sweden funded the theft of the 'Arbeit Macht Frei' sign from the gates of the Auschwitz concentration camp. There is some logic to this. -
-
I have watched several of the Swedes I know swell up with national pride and arrogance when they explain that Sweden remained neutral during WWII. In other words the Swedes did not have the balls or the strength of character to oppose Hitler and his sadists. Many years later the new generation which wasn't even alive during WWII is still proud of this refusal by Sweden to oppose nazism. These people are seriously demented.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-