Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting Old and Beginning To Lose It?

I received a nice email from an old friend today. This note came from a guy who for years was frequently in and out of rehab for alcohol and/or drug abuse. As far as I know this guy has never done anything that didn't either earn him outrageous profits or at least a one night stand with some other guy's wife. Even so he is a close friend and I like him lots.

In the twenty years I knew him well he scoffed at tree huggers, liberals, and other similar do-gooders. I usually felt that these categories were intended to include myself. Either he is trying to appeal to chicks who like sensitive, politically aware guys; or he is getting old and is beginning to lose it a little.


His quote comes from Albert Schweitzer:

Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-