Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Remember the elegant Steven Stills song called Sweet Judy Blue Eyes? It was written about Judy Collins.

I recently had the pleasure of watching her perform. She still stings like an angel, and she still has blue eyes.

But Judy Collins is now 70 years old. There is something terribly wrong about the feelings I am having. I know I should just accept that she has gotten old, and be happy that she didn’t give out along the way like Janis Joplin and so many others.

I am finding this very difficult. For some reason with just a minimal amount of adjustment I was able to readily accept a 68 year old Joan Baez. I met Jane Goodall in person a few years ago. She is now 75 and is still incredibly attractive and honestly downright beguiling. I didn’t think it could be possible to have those kinds of feelings and hormonal urges directed towards a 75 year old woman.

I don’t know why seeing Judy Collins in the form of a blue haired grandmother is so shocking to me…but it is. This feels like some kind of time warp, or maybe a Torchwood type of rift in the fabric of space and time.
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-