Friday, September 11, 2009

911

I guess maybe 30% of the population in America thinks of themselves as Republican and patriotic. Many of these people openly and noisily oppose President Obama. I actually had one fellow tell me recently that he didn’t think the President was patriotic. Can you imagine such ignorance?

Today was September 11, a special day for America and its relationship with muslim fundamentalists and other religious extremists. I think of myself as a progressive and a liberal, and certainly as a patriotic old geezer as well. I have flown the American flag on my car for each of the last 8 years on September 11.

Much of that time I lived in Europe, and I got many positive comments there in Europe. For the most recent two September 11’s I have been living in America, and for 2 years now I have not seen one car flying the American flag. Not even one. Lots of people in SUVs with self adhesive yellow ribbons, but not one American flag.

And these ignorant right wing bastards think they have some kind of a monopoly on patriotism. Many of these people have not even served in the military. How dare they claim to be the only people who love America. From their treasonous actions and words recently, it is clear to me that they are the ones driving a wedge deep into the heart of American society.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-