Monday, August 03, 2009

Dreams and Memories

I have read that when one dreams about events in your life, it is one’s mind reprocessing and working over what it was the really happened. Your mind reviews this and learns from it. I am inclined to think that in certain cases this is true indeed.

Others who have faced immediate death (but then lived) have experienced what they describe as the events of their life flashing before them in super high speed.

I do know for certain that the slogan “sleep on it” is one of the finest pieces of advice you can give yourself or anyone else. Many times the next day I still concur that what I thought yesterday was correct, but also a great many times when I wake up the next day I have realized an entirely different perspective on the matter in question. Certainly before making a long term, major purchase this is a wise thing to do. Always sleep on it. If nothing else it eliminates all the pressure for you to make an immediate decision RIGHT NOW.

Recently I have noticed that I am dreaming very detailed and vivid dreams about events and conversations which took place early in my career, about 30 years ago. It is like the mind is making one final in-depth review of these events (in the light of maturity) to see if there are any additional lessons to be learned from them before these memory episodes are archived into slow retrieval, long term storage.

With the type of leukemia that I have, at 100 months (this coming March 2010) there is a 35% survival rate. So any time beyond that, death from the secondary effects of leukemia (like a badly functioning immune system) would not be at all unexpected.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-