Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wal-Mart Is Losing It

I used to think that Wal-Mart was a well managed company which had intelligent people at the helm. I am gradually being forced to revise my opinion.

Over the last 24 months both of the Wal-Mart supermarkets near my house have stopped selling anything healthy in the refrigerated deli section. They used to have a good variety of healthy salads including broccoli salad, but gradually they have stopped selling any of these. It got to where you could only buy cold salads which were loaded up with pasta and mayonnaise.

So when I was doing my grocery shopping this week it was a real pleasure to see that they have begun selling broccoli salad again. I was so happy that I said something to the sales clerk. And he agreed that the broccoli salad tasted good, what with the bacon bits in it.

I bought a big container of it, but sure enough when I got home I found that Wal-Mart has changed the formulation of their broccoli salad. They have added bacon to it!

Do these people not have any brains at all? Are they completely ignorant about nutrition and what the consumer wants?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-