Monday, March 02, 2009

The Secret Police

After being sued by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) it turns out that the CIA destroyed 92 videotapes documenting how inmates in the “war against terror” were interrogated. The CIA had originally claimed that they had only destroyed 2 tapes. Most everyone is assuming that the tapes were destroyed because they showed illegal acts of torture, such as water boarding.

Sounds very much like a Russian Secret Police plot to me. Or maybe something that the SS troopers would have done for the Nazis. But for the law enforcement personnel of the land of the free to do this is really shocking.

I guess I am cynical, but I doubt that anyone in the CIA or any high politician like Dick Cheney will ever go to court over this. Certainly I can’t imagine any of these super-beings doing any jail time because of their illegal acts.

How far America has fallen….
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-