Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Ink Jet Printer

I just had the most interesting experience.

I lived in Holland for about 15 years. A little over 2 years ago I moved back to America. The HP Inkjet printer I have been using is the one I bought in Europe. It runs on either 115 vac or 230 vac so everything has worked fine.

I finally ran out of European color print cartridges for it this morning. I put in the first American one. HP says this is the correct ink cartridge for this printer, but the printer gives me an error message saying that it is not compatible.

I checked on Amazon.co.UK and found that I could indeed buy the European color cartridge in England and have it shipped to me here in El Paso, Texas. But the odd thing is I can buy a brand new HP Inkjet printer from Amazon.com and not pay any shipping expense or sales tax, and I can buy the whole thing for about the same price as buying the correct color cartridges for my 3 year old HP printer. A new printer all in for $39.99!

So I am saying goodbye to my old friend.

I had read that the ink cartridges were HP’s biggest profit center. Now I know it from personal experience.
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-