Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In Bruges


In Bruges is an Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe Award-winning 2008 film. This is a totally outstanding movie.

Maybe it helps that I have been to Bruges, Belgium six or seven times. Once with a lady friend when I was very much in love/infatuated, and all the other times alone. Bruges is a very special place. I sometimes think about the painting I saw there of Mary Magdalene. She appeared absolutely beautiful in the modern sense; so much so that I occasionally dream about her.
In fact, even now that I have moved back to America I have hanging in my house an original painting of Bruges that I bought there from the artist. A lady friend of mine in Holland used to tell me that in Belgium the place is referred to as the Venice Of The North.

From the awards that this movie has gotten apparently you don’t have to be familiar with Bruges to like the flick. Don’t believe the cover where it says that it is hilarious. Bullshit. It is serious and is about life, death, and love. I recommend it very highly.

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Bruges

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--