Sunday, January 18, 2009

Orphaned Roll Of Film

At the flea market this morning I got a good deal on a Pentax F5 camera. This is a 35 mm film SLR which was brought out around 1986. It has TTL metering, has a long zoom lens mounted on it, and the digital displays even still light up. The camera probably works fine.

When I got home I opened it up and found that there was a used roll of film inside of it. This has happened to me before, and I have always just thrown the film away. But today I got a really weird feeling. Sort of a Twilight Zone feeling. I thought, “What if this old roll of film contains someone’s baby pictures?”

So I took the roll of 35 mm film over to Walgreens and had it developed on a one hour basis. I have read that it is a good idea to have one’s film developed as soon as possible after taking the pictures. The film developed pretty good, and sure enough, it did have some baby pictures on it!

One’s mind tries to fill in the story. What were all these young men doing out there in the forest? My mind can write either a sex filled horror story or a novel with a happy ending.

How old is this baby now? Where was this beach? I’m sure it is not Loch Ness in Scotland, but the rocks kind of look the same.

What happened to this guy? Probably he was the father. Maybe he was killed in Iraq.

If anyone knows who these people are, please e-mail me. I will mail the pictures to them the old way via stamps and the post office.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
---