Friday, January 30, 2009

Déjà Vu

It felt like déjà vu all over again this morning.

It was sort of like I was walking down Boulevard de Clichy in the Montmartre district of Paris, a few blocks east of the Moulin Rouge. Or perhaps walking down Avenida Juárez just across the border from El Paso, Texas. Near to all the whore houses.

There were all these attractive, single people who wanted to be friendly with me. Guys and very attractive women too. I had my doggie with me, and suddenly all of these good looking young people were magically transformed into animal lovers too.

Then it hit home to me.

My dog and I had walked onto an enormous car lot, and all these friendly people were just hawkers/car salesmen. They were behaving like topless dancers or women of easy virtue who hadn’t seen a client in quite a while. They appeared very horny and quite anxious to become instant friends.

This car lot occupied several acres and had many hundreds of vehicles. There were desperate sales people standing all over the place. And not a customer in sight.

Alas, when they found out that I was just looking for a small, very used 4-wheel drive car to go knock around the desert in, suddenly my newly found friends were busy with other things. They no longer were interested in me.

Kind of like ex-spouses. I guess friendships like this just sort of come and go.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-