Sunday, September 14, 2008

Collecting Old Cameras

The second time I lived in Europe I stayed there 15 years.
-
In the antique and flea markets of Europe I built fairly nice collections of German stoneware pottery from the 1500's and European made oil lamps from the late 1800's to the early 1900's.
-
I developed a great collection of fluorescent minerals and European vaseline glass which fluoresces green under ultraviolet light. I also collected some old stuff from the Ancient Greeks and Romans that is about 2,000 years old.
-ld
Now that I am living back in America I am focusing my attention on collecting old film cameras. -

My oldest film camera dates from the 1870's and is fully functional. I have several medium format cameras, one of which I used to try and recreate Ansel Adams' famous picture of El Capitan in the Guadalupe Mountains of West Texas.
-
This morning I bought a couple of movie cameras from the early 1960's for $5- each. In my assortment of cameras I also have a lot of old 35 mm film cameras, including three Nikon SLRs (which all still work great).

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-