Monday, August 25, 2008

Juarez Drug Cartels

-
Nearly 1,000 people have been murdered so far in 2008 in Juarez. There are teams of hit men dressed as Mexican policemen openly operating there. Now the El Paso Police Department has acknowledged that they have good intelligence saying that the "hit men" operating in Mexico have made a decision to begin operating on the American side of the border as well. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5965004.html
-
I don't have anything to do with drugs, these drug thugs, or law enforcement, and I don't live in an especially wealthy part of town. So I doubt that any of this will affect me personally. But I'm certainly not going to REDUCE my ongoing self defense program. I took the proper training, and I was issued a permit by the State of Texas to carry a concealed handgun. In the Army I was classified as an Expert Marksman.
-
Any time that I go out of the house I always carry a concealed titanium .38 special + P pistol. In my car I keep a .44 magnum handgun, and I have a Dirty Harry Special .44 magnum at home in my bedroom.
-
I keep all of my handguns loaded with Glaser Slugs.
-
In Hugh Laurie's book one of the bad guys described the Glaser Slug this way, “The bullet of the Glaser Safety Slug, Thomas, is a small cup made of copper. Filled with fine lead shot in liquid Teflon. On impact, the Glaser is guaranteed to dump ninety-five percent of its energy on the target. No shoot-throughs, no ricochets, just a lot of knocking down. Big, big holes in your body.”
-
These bullets cost almost $5- each, but if you ever need to shoot in self defense, that is a cheap price to save a life.
-
I'm not some kind of a gun fanatic. Really. I'm just a tough old man who isn't going to take much shit from some doped up young punk who wants to hurt me or my loved ones.
-
-

-
-
-
-
-