Saturday, August 09, 2008

2008 Summer Olympic Games

The 2008 summer Olympic games opened in China yesterday. The opening show was on television last night.

I don’t want to exaggerate or engage in hyperbole so let me understate my praise of the opening ceremony: It makes me proud to be a human being seeing something that wonderful. It was clearly the pinnacle of human artistic achievement. And it stressed harmony and beauty.

I no longer fear the Chinese becoming more powerful than America. If any of the children in our family ever decide to begin having children, I will encourage them to send the grandchild to Chinese language classes while still a small infant. Or maybe hire a Chinese nanny for the first 5 or 6 years of his/her life so that the child will grow up speaking Chinese as a second language.

They said that this opening ceremony for the Olympics was the Chinese equivalent of our putting a man on the moon. I can see that now. In 2012 the British can’t possibly equal the show put on in China. They need to just accept this.

Well Done China!
-
LINK: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/08/AR2008080801134.html?wpisrc=newsletter

-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-