Friday, May 30, 2008

Glaser Slug

I am reading the novel by Hugh Laurie about international arms dealers. It is a great book. Really funny and also riveting as hell. I don't know why I expected otherwise, but Hugh Laurie is an excellent writer.

About 2/3 of the way through Hugh Laurie's book I read this:

“The bullet of the Glaser Safety Slug, Thomas, is a small cup made of copper. Filled with fine lead shot in liquid Teflon. On impact, the Glaser is guaranteed to dump ninety-five percent of its energy on the target. No shoot-throughs, no ricochets, just a lot of knocking down. Big, big holes in your body.”

I looked it up on the internet and this is not some sort of gun phreak fantasy. These rounds seem to be the ultimate in self defense ammunition, so I ordered some in both .38 special + P and .44 magnum for my revolvers.

You sure don’t want to be wasting these bullets on target practice. Kind of like shooting silver bullets. Including the shipping expense, each round costs almost $5.00


I am not some kind of lunatic right wing gun freak. I'm not a member of the NRA, and the first and only animal I have killed (excluding flies and roaches) is the one jackrabbit that I shot when I was about 12 years old. I think gun fanatics are weird and dangerous.

But if some drugged up punk wants to come into my house late at night at threaten me with injury or death, I am perfectly prepared to shoot him dead. Being prepared for self defense is just plain good common sense. Especially in lawless times like now.

-

Link: http://www.dakotaammo.net/



-

-

-

-

-

-