Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stacey Westfall


-

I learned to ride horses before I started school. And I began first grade at 5 years old.

-
As a teenager I rode western. Several summers I worked at Prude Ranch near Ft. Davis is West Texas. And some of this involved riding horses. I also competed in various western events like barrel racing and roping.

-
Then while living in Europe my wife got into dressage riding. We owned two horses, and we got to know fairly well a couple of people who had won medals in dressage in various summer olympic games. I probably have been to hundreds of dressage events including the European championships several times.

-
Today a friend sent a video of Stacy Westfall riding western without a saddle or bridle. This is an amazing ride: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wgkvTgc1B5M

-

-

-