Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning Walk



------------------------ (click on the pictures and they will enlarge)


We had a nice walk out in the desert this morning. The weather was beautiful and we saw lots of rabbits and birds. We went our normal one mile distance. In fact it turned out actually to be almost 1.2 miles (1,89 km).

-

When we got home I put the Garmin Forerummer 205 Watch/GPS briefly in the battery charger. It is hooked up to the computer by USB. And within a few seconds I got this display of how far we went, at what speeed, and what our altitude was. And a map showing our route. The confuser automatically saves this information on each of our walks. And various other stuff that I don't care much about, like calories burned.

-

As I was removing my jacket I realized that I did not have my cell phone. It turned out that I had left it at home. This is pretty rare for me. So I decided to type up a checklist of the things we need to take on these walks:

-


ALWAYS:
Clothes (this is the easy part):
Underwear, jeans, shirt, belt, suspenders, socks, hiking boots
To-do list
Folding money in money clip
Coins
Cross Pen and Pencil
Cell phone
Rolex GMTII Watch
Garmin GPS Watch
Keys to house and car
Separate key to car
Sony point and shoot digital camera
Dog leash

SOMETIMES:
Jacket/Vest/Sweater
Hat
Nikon D40 digital SLR
Bolo Tie
Kleenex/Toilet Tissue
Book to read
Drinking water

-

-

-

-

-