Saturday, January 19, 2008

Burrowing Owl Hole



-------------------------------------------- (click on any of the pictures and they will enlarge)

-


On our walk this morning the weather was great. I slowly did a 360 degree turn to verify this: There was not even one hint of a cloud in the sky. It is a beautiful bright sunny day out in the high desert. We went just over one mile (1,63 kilometers) and had nice little elevation gain climbing up the sand dunes.


-


It was a little cool at about O degrees centigrade (32 F) with a nice little breeze. So I put Inu's sexy little day glow orange coat on him, and I wore my best goose down parka and the English Heritage watch cap I bought on that cold February morning up at Housteads Hadrian's Wall in northern England.


-


As we were walking along this morning a burrowing owl flew out of his hole, and went right past us. It is fairly normal to see remnants of little bunny rabbits outside of these guy's houses.


-


-


-


-