Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vespanomics

-

Yesterday I was surfing a bit and came across the definitition for Vespanomics.
-
When I lived in Europe I drove many kilometers on my trusty little Vespa. It had a Garmin satellite navigation GPS on it, and it took me lots of interesting places. At one time in Europe I had a big V8 Mercedes SUV, and many years ago I drove a Corvette Stingray. I'm glad that I finally woke up out of my stupor and bought a Toyota Prius. Now that I am living back in America I own four different good-fuel-economy vehicles.
-
The Toyota Corolla frequently gets better than 40 miles per gallon, and in pure city traffic it normally gets around 37 mpg. In fact for the last two tanks of gas in a row it has gotten in excess of 40 mpg. Or for my friends in Europe who can't even standardize the 220 volt mains plugs in their houses, around 17.2 kilometers per liter or 5.8 liters per 100 kilometers.
-
The Honda Reflex 250 cc scooter will cruise happily at 75 miles per hour and gets around 60 or 65 mpg. I also own a really nice little retro 150 cc scooter, and I've got a really fun little 33 cc motorized aluminum folding bicycle which gets a fuel economy far in excess of 125 miles per gallon of gasoline.
-
I look around at all these really stupid people driving around in their large V8 pickup trucks and SUVs. Many of these vehicles were purchased with 60 month finanacing. These people are happpy as pigs in slop when they get 20 mpg, since they normally get about 10 or 12 mpg driving around town.
-
Good Grief America. Wake Up! Gasoline pricing is trending upwards medium to long term. Are you retarded or something?

-

-