Monday, December 17, 2007

El Paso Mineral & Gem Society


------------------------------------------((click on any of the pictures and they will enlarge)





There is a certain about of discussion on the Yahoo fluorescent minerals group right now about the various fluorescent minerals that have come out of the Kipawa complex in Quebec, Canada.






I didn't think I had any rocks in my collection from this location, but in looking around I found some agrellite from there.
-
High Resolution Link: http://tinyurl.com/2lhcaf





It is interesting because the agrellite which fluoresces the standard nice pink color, also has some green fluorescing material on the end.

-





While I was enjoying the beauty of the various rocks in the collection, I happened to notice that the El Paso Mineral and Gem Society cloth jacket or hat patch fluoresces rather nicely.


-


Then I put the window decal in front of some vaseline glass, and it came out nicely green. This may be an illusion, it might just be the green shining through, but it is pretty anyway.





-





-