Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Service Dog

-
Pretty much every day I take my dog out in the desert and we take a nice walk. Once in the morning and then a second time in the early evening.
-
Generally we are no where near other people. Frequently I find pretty little rocks for my tumblers, and sometimes I find little shards of prehistoric indian pottery.
-
Many times I wear my Sony headphones, and like any sensible American male I listen to music from my mp3's. My Sony Walkman cellphone has a 4 gb memory card in it, so I have enough music on it to play songs day and night for 2 or 3 days without any repetition.
-
Occasionally the music is just so good that I have to spontaneously start dancing. Kind of like those good looking hippie chicks you see on the Woodstock movies, swaying and waving their hands all around. Except I am male, old, and fat. But my head is still back in that time. No one can see me, so why not?
-
My loyal dog has watched those shows on TV where service dogs can detect when their owners are having an epileptic fit; and protect them until it is over.
-
Honest to Goodness. When I stop hiking, and I start dancing in place and sort of make weird sounds (since I have on the headphones I can't hear myself sing), Inu normally comes over near to me, gets very alert, and watches out in all directions to make sure that I am safe from predators until the fit (or the song) is over.
--
-