Monday, October 22, 2007

Family Dinner

-
Every Sunday evening our family gets together at my Sister's house to bond and to eat dinner. It is really pleasant. Normally there are about 8 people and 5 dogs present.
-
I am very fortunate that I have a nice family. They are all exceptional people, and each one of them is very unique. I like and admire all of them. And the dogs all have different and unique personalities, but they have bonded into a pack so they all get along really well.
-
While eating yesterday evening an odd thing happened. Someone observed that the French people are beginning to get fatter. So almost everyone chimed in with their erudite opinion on this imporant subject. Except me. I just listened.
-
Inwardly I was chuckling to myself: None of these folks has ever even been to Europe, much less to France. Over the course of my life I guess I've probably visited or driven through France 25 times or more. But it never occured to anyone at the dinner table to ask me what I thought about this vital matter. This didn't offend me, it just seemed a little odd.
-
Finally I chimed in by changing the subject to how fat the British have become. Which once again allowed everyone (who have never been to the UK either) to air their opinions on British cuture, body styles, etc.
-