Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dumbledore Was Gay

-
Now that the series is finished the author of the Harry Potter series has announced that Professor Albus Dumbledore, esteemed headmaster of Hogwarts, was gay. If this great role model wanted to come out of the closet he would have done so while he was still alive.
-
I have been to (the outside) of J.K. Rowling's house, I've visited the British castle that was used as Hogwarts in the movies, I too had a Ford Anglia when I was a teen, and I've eaten in Nicolson's restaurant in Edinburg where she wrote a large part of the first book (twice).
-
I really like the Harry Potter series, and I admire Joan Rowling as an author.
-
But her outing Dumbledore after his death is just not cool. And after the series was finished too. Sorry. Really terribly inappropriate.
-
It looks to me like the fame and unbelievable wealth is finally beginning to get to her.
-
To many of us Gandalf, Frodo, and Dumbeldore hold much more relevance than some middle eastern carpenter who was raised in the Jewish faith 2,000 years ago.
- -
Joan I am afraid that you are becoming a hard and evil mean hearted bitch.
---
-
Great analysis, read this: http://www.gryffindorgazette.com/2007/10/25/seven-clues-that-dumbledore-was-gay/
-
Link: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1674550,00.html
-
-