Friday, June 22, 2007

Open Letter to Yahoo!


Gentlemen,

Your profit is down compared to Google. I can tell you why. For free. You don’t even have to pay me high consulting fees.

With Google I tie up an unbelievable amount of their hard disc space with my blogs - FOR FREE. And I have an e-mail account with them which is free. The only thing I pay them for is a little bit of an upgrade to Google Earth whereby it will interface with my handheld GPS.

I have been a loyal customer of Yahoo. I actually pay you guys. Just to have my own URL I pay you every year. And recently you changed my e-mail to where I had unlimited storage. Well, I was only using 2% of the free storage I already had so ho-hum.

But now out of the blue you bastards are eliminating Yahoo Pictures. Do you have any idea how many dead internet links this is going to create? You didn’t even offer me the option of continuing it, just on a paying basis. Nope. Like as bunch of arrogant jerks you just ended it! Essentially you are telling your customers to go get screwed.

At Yahoo you are not listening enough to the customer. My advice to you: Treat your customers nicely because in this day and age they have lots of options. If you get a little bit arrogant with them they will just flip you off and go to someone else who is more friendly.
-
I'm still going to zillions of internet links that go dead end, but today I got amost 5,000 photos uploaded to Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_garland/sets/
-
-