Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Longest Day Of The Year



The longest day of the year is coming up later in the week.
-
Sorry to discriminate against my friends down under, but the vast majority of the land and the people are located in the northern hemisphere of this little planet. Just go to China or India.
-
Here in El Paso, Texas USA at about 31 degrees North latitude it is not really any big deal. The last 15 years I lived in The Netherlands at about 51 degrees North latitude. There the days get really long this time of year.
-
And before I built my sauna in my house in Holland I took my wife and we went up to Finland to research saunas. In Helsinki we were at 60 degrees North latitude.
-
We drove up north following our Finnish friends in their PT Loser. They have a place out in the forest, complete with a laplander tee-pee type tent. We had a wonderful time, and I can remember driving back late that night at 11:30 thinking, "You know, if I had to I could drive without my headlights."


-