Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Conversations With Yourself




A cold front came through last night about midnight. It is kind of neat to be able to watch real time color Doppler radar on three different TV channels. There was some moisture in the system coming out of Mexico, the Gulf of California.

We got a nice little thunderstorm out of the system. Probably about ½ an inch of rain, give or take.

So it was nice and cool this morning when the dog and I took our 1-1/2 mile (2,4 km) walk out in the desert. With the rain last night everything was clean and crisp.

This little stone that is about 35 mm wide caught my eye. I thought to myself, “Self, you don’t suppose this is chalcedony and might fluoresce under the black light?”

My Self agreed with me completely. It is so nice to talk with someone who almost always agrees with you, and in fact often times thinks you are rather brilliant and witty. My Self suggested to me that I put it in my pocket and take it home.