Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tucson Mineral Show



-

This is advertised as the largest mineral show in the world. And I don't doubt it one bit. It was really fantastic.

-

Thanks to Greg Anderson and Charlie Ward there were more fluorescent minerals on sale in one location than I have ever seen. I spent well over $2,000- but this was mostly on various UV lights.

-

Greg sold me an absolutely beautiful large stone with large delicate crystals of green fluorescing calcite. Charlie sold me some Terlingua type calcite out of Mexico and a way too cool light. And from Don Newsome of UV Systems I got a second Superbright II and a piece of Moroccan calcite on fluorite.

-

A guy from Peru sold me a beautfiul delicate fluorescing stalagmite, and also some red fluorescing black calcite. Yes, thats right. Looks like really dark smoky quartz, except that it is calcite!

-

And on the way back I stopped in Bisbee and bought a piece of Wulfenite from the Red Cloud mine in Yuma, Arizona that fluoresces green , red, and purple. Beautiful.
-
-
It was such a wonderful pleasure meeting so many other glow rock fanatics!