Monday, February 19, 2007

Roswell






Roswell, New Mexico is a poor, run down, sleepy little town that has very little going for it.

So one has to admire the locals for capitalizing on the UFO fever exhibited by so many misguided loonies.

But the UFO mania sure is fun!

I drove through Roswell yesterday. Just as I pulled into the parking lot of the UFO museum a full bus load of old folks from Nebraska got off the bus and rushed for the museum.

I looked at that line of grey and blue hair waiting to get in, and I decided that all things considered it would make more sense to go to the Mexican food $5- buffet across the street. As it turns out I made a good decision. The food was excellent and cheap, the waitress was sweet, young, thin, and large busted. I ate and read my Diana Gabaldon book and had a nice break.

She brought me four sopapillas for desert (even though I had ordered only two) because they turned out rather small.

It goes without saying that she got a nice tip.