Thursday, December 21, 2006

J.K. Rowling





In my opinion J.K. Rowling ranks right up there with Mother Teresa and Golda Meir (the 4th Prime Minister of Israel). And for sure one hell-of-a-lot higher than Maggie Thatcher.
-
She is one really neat person.

I am not a catholic, but I always thought that John Paul was a really good hearted human being. And if he can qualify for sainthood, then J.K. Rowling should fit in quite nicely.


I happened upon her web site today. What a lot of fun! http://www.jkrowling.com/

These are some pictures from my last trip to Edinburg, Scotland which is one of the greatest cities in the world. Ask anyone who has been there. They will tell you, no question about it!

She wrote parts of the first Harry Potter book sitting in her brother's restaurant here.

And just over the border into England south of there is Hogwarts (know to muggles as Alnwick Castle).


-