Saturday, December 16, 2006

German Flea Market

It is just over one week until Christmas.
-
The weather is grey, drizziling lightly, and fairly cold.
-
I went to a flea market over in Germany this morning.

It seems that the combination of factors has encouraged lots of people to convert their old "stuff" to cash and to accept very reasonable prices.

-

I bought an East German soldier's winter hat in exactly my size that was made in 1968 for $10,

-

a little religious book printed in the French language in Brussels, Belgium in 1867 for $5,

-

an East German 5 pfennig coin that was minted in 1949 (the same year I was minted) for $2,

-

and a 5 French Franc coin dated 1875 for $17.50
-
I've already packed up both of my 8 megapixel cameras, so I took these pictures with the 2 megapixel camera in my cell phone. Other that the fact that I was a little shakey, I'm reasonably satisfied with the quality.

-

-