Saturday, November 04, 2006

Speed Trap


I really love high performance cars. The feeling of torque that you get with a big V8 is hard to beat.

My best friend over here in Holland just bought a BMW sports car. Convertible, two-person, the high performance M version. Little tiny thing with a nice engine in it. When he and his wife came over to visit I looked outside and saw it for the first tme. Top down, custom wheels with wide tires.

I just about shit myself when he handed me the keys and told me to go take a drive! Holy Jesus. Absolute religious experience. Praise God and the Krauts with their high performance cars.

I've owned a Corvette Stingray. And I've many many times cruised (cruise control) on the German freeways at 22o kph = 136 miles per hour. Really, mile after mile, and not just once either. Regularly.

Here in the neighborhood I only got it up to 170 kph = 105 mph, but that was not even in 5th gear. That was in 4th gear and not at the red line either. Even though it does not have a V8, it is still one of the strongest cars I have ever driven. Maybe the strongest.

-