Thursday, November 02, 2006

Health Insurance

-
This is a quote from Wikipedia: "The most recent data available from the U.S. Census Bureau indicates that 45.8 million Americans (about 15% of the total population) had no health insurance coverage during 2004. This constituted a rise of about 850,000 from the previous year. "
-
Now that I am no longer working (Retired? The correct phrase after 25 years of dedication and loyalty once they found out out that I have leukemia is Run-off!) I have joined AARP. And so far I am a little disappointed with them. AARP seems to be your typical large organization, most interested in self perpetuation. I have been trying to find out from them if there is a group of people involved in greass-roots organizing in favor of universal health coverage. They are so big (read arrogant) that they don't even answer e-mails.
-