Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Freddy Fender

-
"I put my past in a drawer and put a lock on it," Fender said.
-
"I've learned to not look back anymore. I've learned to look forward, start fresh and not be as stupid as I used to be before. I don't know what's happening next, but I haven't finished yet."
-
Fender went to Angola State Prison in Louisiana in the early 1960s on marijuana possession charges, came out and played music again, abused drugs and alcohol and at one point divorced and then reunited with his wife.
-
"The first day that I stopped drinking and drugging 15 years ago was the day that I was born," Fender said. "It has allowed me to handle situations in a normal fashion. Before, I'd just get drunk over it."
-
"I encountered a lot of barracudas in my career that were out for blood. "
-
"I don't hang out with anybody anymore. Once I sobered up, I became quite the hermit," Fender said. "I like to work with those nuts and bolts and try to fix things."
-
-
Before The Next Teardrop Falls (Baldemar Huerta): http://www.duchessathome.com/music/beforethenextteardropfalls.html
-

-

-
-