Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dan Brown


-
I really enjoy Dan Brown's books. They are a great combination of historical fiction, travel guides, love stories, and exciting mystery novels. I read all of his books back before he got famous, and I really became kind of a fan of his.
-
It turns out interestingly enough that his most popular book describes many of the places I have been to. I guess I've been to Paris and the Louvre 10-15 times. And I've been to most of the other famous places in the book: The church of Saint Sulpice in Paris and the Rose line that runs through it, in London the river Thames, the templar church called Temple Church and Westminster Abbey, and just south of Edinburg, Scotland the remarkable Rosslyn Chapel.
-
In my experience at least 80% of the time the movie doesn't even come close to the book. This is a generalization about classic, famous books and the movies made of them.
-
But I can't say that about this one. The DaVinci Code just came out on DVD over here in Europe. It arrived yesterday and I watched it last night. I really have nothing but the highest praise for it. Really very good.
-
-
------ Link to Rosslyn Chapel pictures: http://tinyurl.com/q8jus
------ Link to Paris pictures: http://tinyurl.com/rk5j8
------ Link to London pictures: http://tinyurl.com/fpzps
-
I just watched the companion DVD that gives details. Interesting info: Dan Brown was raised as an Episcopalian. His next novel is in the works and is a Robert Langdon story again. This one takes place in America. Hot dog!

L-