Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Donald Rumsfeld

-

Much of my life I have been on the wrong side of what is "politically correct." Usually I have been perceived as being left wing, or as a tree hugger.

I was anti-war back when the majority of Americans thought we were doing a good thing fighting the commies in Vietnam. So I am used to being counter-intuitive and going against the grain when I must.

I think Rummie is smart. And right, most of the time.

And generally he is sort of charming and funny too. This is a link to a good article about him in the Seattle Times: http://tinyurl.com/l6b5w


This is a fine picture of him and Dolly Parton.
-

If you ever get the chance listen to her version of "Stairway To Heaven" please do so. I think it is the best yet - and I usually detest country music!
-
-